Professional and Masonic Curriculum Vitae
Ex. Comp. Claude Brodeur took early retirement in July of this year from the University of Toronto where he was Professor of Psychology in the Faculty of Education, Department of Educational Policy and Foundations. He served eight years as Chairman of the Department of Educational Psychology and one year as Director of the Scarborough Teacher Education Centre at Samuel Hearne Senior Public School before retiring, a joint project between the University of Toronto and the Scarborough Board of Education. He also served one term on the University of Toronto's Faculty Association and two terms on the other side of the fence as a Governor of the University where he served on the Academic Policy and Programs Committee, the University Affairs Board and the Academic Appeals Committee, the University's final judicial body for hearing Academic Appeals..
Ex. Com. Brodeur was educated at Fordham University, University of Toronto and Stanford University.
He received his doctorate from the University of Toronto in philosophy. He also holds undergraduate degree in Classics and a graduate degree and diplomas in experimental, as well as counselling and clinical psychology.
Besides teaching and holding office in the University of Toronto's Faculty of Education, he has taught at Fordham University, University of Waterloo where he was the founding head of the Department of Student Affairs, Ryerson Polytechnical University, Victoria College in the University of Toronto and the University of Toronto's Faculty of Arts and Science in the Department of Philosophy.
He is a member of many professional societies, among them the American and Canadian Psychological Associations, Phi Delta Kappa and the Ontario Society of Clinical Hypnosis of which he is currently the President.
With reference to his Masonic activities, Ex. Comp. Brodeur:
- was initiated, passed and raised in University Lodge in 1974, serving as Master in 1987; he was President of his Senior Warden's group, the Architects of 86.
- is a charter member of Chinguacousy Lodge No.
- is First Principal of Lebanon Chapter No. 220
- is a member of St. Andrew and St. John's Chapter No. 4
- has his 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite; is a Shriner and member of Leaside Shrine Club
- is a Knight Templar and holds the office of Marshal of Cyrene Perceptory and is Constable Elect
- is Immediate Past Sovereign Master and Secretary-Treasurer of York Council No. 133, Allied Masonic Degrees
- is a charter member and officer of the Toronto Conclave of the Order of Secret Monitors
- also a member of the Cryptic Rite, the York Rite College and the Sovereign College of Allied Masonic Degrees of the United States of America